Friday, July 10, 2015

Site seeing with kids

I love seeing historical sites, listening to all the old stories, and seeing how people used to live. But I learned today that I am just not cut out for being a tourist with little kids. ;) My family and part of my sister's family are touring Old Nauvoo together. It is a Mormon pioneer village with lots of amazing things to see and learn. The kids are interested in lots of things but with my kids being 4, 7, 10, and 11 it is really hard to find things that make everyone happy.

Tonight there is an outdoor pagent. Hopefully everyone will be cooperative at that!

A very neat experience I had this morning was going to the Nauvoo Temple with my niece. The last time that I saw the Nauvoo Temple was when they had an open house before it was dedicated for worship. Once an LDS temple is dedicated then only members living certain standards can enter. It is a very sacred and special place where one can feel very close to God. I love being in the temple and  am so grateful that I was able to attend this morning.

As my patience is severley tested with site seeing with the kids, I need to remind myself about the peace I felt this morning! Hopefully the kids will walk away with good memories even though they are tired and cranky. ;)

What is your favorite memory of traveling with kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment