Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pets

I left this morning to go to work and thought it was strange that my cat was lying on the living room floor and had not come to bed with me at all during the night. She looked at me as I left and it seemed maybe something was wrong with her. She had been fine yesterday so I thought little of it and left for work. I was gone until late afternoon and when I got home she had not moved from the spot she had been in this morning. I went to her and pet her. She seemed very weak, not even lifting her tail like she always does when she is pet. She was still alive when I left for the evening but I am not sure if she will be when I get back.

I just went to the movie, “Inside Out” with my sister’s family to celebrate a birthday. I love how in the movie they learn how important it is to feel your emotions. It is important to express what you are feeling to be emotionally healthy and to fully experience life. I thought of my cat during the movie and realized how much she means to me, even though we have only had her for a year. I feel very sad at the thought of losing her. My children are with their dad this weekend. They will be devastated when they come home.

I have been thinking back today to all the pets I have had over the years. There have been many and each one has been very special to me, coming into my life at just the right time to help me through the struggles I have been through. I feel like pets are a manifestation of God’s love for us.

Having said that, I don’t want any of my friends to run out and get me another pet! ;) The responsibility of caring for something else in my life is not something I desire. There is plenty for me to do in my life without caring for another animal.

I think that with God knowing how challenging this life experience was going to be He gave a special assignment to certain animals to watch over us and lighten our burdens. He put into them a special ability that would allow us to feel unconditional love and acceptance. He made it possible for His love and loyalty to manifest in the animals we connect to.

I am grateful for all the animals that have spent a portion of their time with me. They have given me comfort, love, strength, and peace. I look forward to that day when we will all be reunited in Heaven.


What is your favorite memory of a pet?

1 comment:

  1. God answered my prayers! My cat has been getting better each day! I truly thought she was going to die but she is now walking around and interacting. I am so grateful and happy!

    ReplyDelete