Thursday, July 16, 2015

After the Storm

After the storm comes the rainbow
Speaking peace to my soul
Giving a promise of hope and joy
There’s always a rainbow

At one point in my marriage I decided to study pain and suffering in the scriptures. I had become overwhelmed with the experiences I was having and felt that I could gain a better understanding of the purpose of suffering through study. The scriptures had many stories and teachings about suffering and I found that the more I studied the topic, the more depressed about life I became and the more difficult a time I had with my own situation. I ended up abandoning my design of studying suffering.

That was when I decided that what I really needed to study was hope, overcoming struggles, finding peace in a troubled world. The most amazing thing happened; I was led to many of the same stories and scriptures as before only this time they brought a feeling of peace and hope. When I was searching for pain, I found pain. When I was searching for hope, I found hope.

The biggest lesson I have learned through my life is that no matter what happens, there is peace to be found. After the storm there is always a rainbow. The length of the storm is different each time and the intensity will shift and change, but there will one day be relief. I have learned that God does not wait for the storm to pass before He blesses us; He offers peace and hope throughout the entire experience, if we will but look to Him.

I choose today to look for hope and peace.


What are you looking for in your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment