Thursday, July 23, 2015

Power of Intention

Today I was in a position where something happened right before I had massages to do that evoked a lot of anger in me. I have learned from experience that if I bring my own emotion into a massage session then the person I am working on will be less likely to have a good experience. I try very hard to leave all my stuff outside of work but I just didn’t think I was going to be capable of that today so I prayed and set an intent that the person would be protected from my anger and would have a good experience. Before leaving the office she said she felt like a new person. Just what I was hoping would happen!

I have learned that what I focus my mind on sets the tone for me and those directly influenced by me. If all I can think about is my anger then I feel bad and the people around me may feel off. If I focus on my blessings then I feel happy and those around me feel uplifted. It really helps me if I set an intention for what I want in a situation. If I am doing a massage I like to set an intention that the person being worked on will feel unconditional love and healing light. If I am going to church I like to set an intention that I will be open to God’s messages for me. If I am in a yoga class I like to set an intention of being grounded and balanced. Consciously choosing an intention before doing something can completely change a situation.

Most of the time we go about our day without making conscious intentions. We just float by allowing whatever happens to determine what we feel. When I go about life like this I feel very out of control and chaotic. When I set intentions then I feel like I have some control in my life and end the day feeling much more satisfied with how things went.


What are you consciously intending?

No comments:

Post a Comment