Monday, July 13, 2015

Does God Know Me?

Tonight I am pondering the scripture in Luke 12:6-7 KJV

6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?

7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Sometimes I wonder how God could truly know who I am as an individual, how He could know my innermost thoughts and feelings. Out of the billions of people who have ever lived on this earth, why would he even take notice of me?

Yet there is something inside of me, not provable by science or anything tangible, that knows without a doubt that God knows who I am. God knows me completely, perfectly. He knows me better than I even know myself. That is why when I want to come to understand myself better I turn to Him and ask Him for guidance in discovering myself.

I am not sure how it all works, but in some small way I can compare it to how I know things about my children, whether they are in my presence or not. I think that any parent can testify to experiences they have had like that. Magnify that by infinity and we might get close to understanding God’s ability to keep track of each of his children. ;)

I do believe that God exists. I cannot fathom not believing in Him. I believe He is not only my God, but that He is the Father of my spirit. I believe that He knows me personally and desires for me to return to His presence one day. I believe that is made possible by the atonement of Jesus Christ. God loves me as an individual so much that He provided a way back into His presence. He knows me. He know you. Not a single sparrow is forgotten by God and we are of more value than many sparrows. Fear not. He is with us.


Have you acknowledged God’s hand in your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment