Thursday, July 9, 2015

More Fun Please!

We spent over six hours driving today to Nauvoo, Illinois for a quick trip to some church historical sites and on the way we were discussing a community play that will be next summer and who we think should try out for different parts. My niece and nephew were just in the play, “Fiddler on the Roof.” It was so amazing to watch everyone perform that it made me kind of wish I could do something in the next play. As we talked about being in the next play it made me feel real excited! It seems so fun! I toyed with different ideas of being on the stage crew or being in the orchestra but I really don’t have enough skill (yet) for doing something like that.

We spent part of our evening tonight at a musical program by the Nauvoo visitor center. They had a band, singers, and dancers with comedy skits in between the numbers. It was so fun! When the cloggers came out on stage I wanted to get up and dance, too! The biggest problem with that idea is that I don’t know how to dance. Not even a little… I guess I did do a little swing and country dancing in my early twenties but I was never comfortable and that was a lifetime ago.

I think my soul is telling me that it is time to break out of my comfort zone and do some fun things. I am even contemplating learning how to dance. Lately when I see people dance I have such a longing to join them. I feel so awkward in my body that it scares me a lot, but I think I may be ready to face that fear. I just need to find a very patient and understanding partner to teach me because it doesn’t come natural to me!

My overall feeling today has been that it is important to have fun things to lighten the load of life. I need a whole lot more of that in my life!


What do you do for fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment