Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Choice

The Choice
by Amy Tiare

Sitting on a boat, storm raging all around
Wishing I could leave this place; wishing to be found
The evils of this world have brought me so much grief
It feels as if my heart and soul were stolen by a thief

Looking out across the waves the figure of a man
Walking calmly through the storm across the ocean span
Knowing there is only one who could perform this deed
I call out to the Savior, whose power I greatly need

I know He’s here to save me, in Him I have full trust
His love has always held me, His judgments always just
He bids for me to join Him; I leap out to the sea
I walk to Him, eyes fixed on His; I know I’ll soon be free

Then the wind blows harder, a wave wets my face
I look around and find myself in an awkward place
Overcome, I panic; fear fills my soul
Sinking in the water I lose sight of my goal

“My Savior, please help me!” I call out in despair
Immediately He grabs my hand in answer to my prayer
He pulls me close, looks in my eyes, and with a gentle voice
Reminds me that to float or sink is really just a choice

The storm will always be there; in this life it will not stop
Watching the waves will bring you down; faith raises you to the top
Keep your vision focused on the one who commands the sea
With His power you will be saved; your soul will be made free

No comments:

Post a Comment